Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Bang Theory: A Marathon

The last few days of my vacation were not only devoted to caring for Anna and her new sister Molly. I also undertook and succeeded in the task of catching up on a TV sitcom that has been recommended to me by a number of parties.

Big Bang Theory is one of the best sitcoms I have seen in a long time. I officially declare it the best currently in syndication (edging out The Office)and very high in the rankings for best of all time (with the likes of Seinfeld and 3rd Rock From The Sun).

Sadly, I am back at work now. And much work I have. If only I was a Theoretical Physicist....apparently all they do is play video games, eat ethnic take out, and watch Star Trek.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty high praise. I've seen a couple episodes of it, and thought it was a good standard sitcom, but it wasn't super-special. I thought that the nerdy based humour was more "ha-ha, he just said something a normal person wouldn't" rather than making a joke out of the nerdy topic.

    Of course, I had the same experience with How I Met Your Mother... a bunch of people said about how good it was and when I watched it, I thought it was just alright.

    I think now after seeing shows like The Office, audience sounds or laugh tracks really take away from the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you had a good week or two with your blog restart.

    ReplyDelete